Friday 21 December 2012

Two Kids Christmas Movies

So today, we were travelling down South to be with family over the festive period. What better excuse to watch Christmas films? As we don't have a TV at home, films are our special treat. Also, it is a great way to keep the boys quiet and still while we are packing and tidying up the house and travelling on the plane. And all the while, we complete one of the activities on our Christmas countdown garland, which is to "watch a Christmas film".


The films we chose to watch were:
  • The Polar Express
  • Arthur Christmas


Both are animation films and I won't summarize them in case you haven't seen them - what I like most about films is the element of surprise as you discover the story line and the characters, so I won't be one for spoiling that for you. Ju enjoyed watching the Polar Express, and told me it was all about a boy and a train, and a bell, and Santa and a present, and how the bell was inside the... oh! but I really didn't want to spoil it for you.

Along withThe Polar Express, I printed out and partially laminated this free brilliant activity pack from Living Life Intentionally aimed at Pre-schoolers up to first graders, and we are taking it with us on our holiday. Ju started doing some of the activities: cutting, letter writing, dice games, finding letters...



And here is a brilliant Pinterest board, which has great ideas of activities to go along with watching the Polar Express.

On the plane, Ju watched Arthur Christmas and was quite taken by it. Again, I'm afraid I will not spoil the plot, but it's definitely approved by my 3-year old.

No comments:

Post a Comment